Friday, October 9, 2009

Am I dreaming?!

Today, October 9th I went to the wonderful doctors at the Pain Clinic. I was NOT looking forward to this appointment, since I figured they'd say "Well, sorry but we really don't know what to do for you. Have some Motrin." The appointment was quite the contrary though...
The appointment started, I dressed in the lovely hospital gown and waited patiently. The doctor came in and I gave him the most detailed and extensive history of my pain. I then took a deep breath and said, "I have Tietze's Syndrome."
Invisibly wincing, I waited for the "Hmm...now what is that?" But instead he said, "Oh yes, Tietze's. You poor thing."
...
....
This was possibly the happiest moment of my life! Could it be?! A doctor who knows what I'm talking about?! Poke me (not in the ribcage!) I think I'm still dreaming.
This doctor (err, team of doctors) completely understood where I was coming from and why I was there. They shared my concern and fear of taking too many strong pain medications when I'm still really young.
The verdict was this: I'm now on some anti-inflammatory medication that I can't pronounce (it starts with an M and it has an x in it...) and I have numbing patches to put on my ribcage. I will also have physical therapy starting next week, twice a week.
Thank golly goodness for no steroid injections!
So I am terribly sorry for rambling on about my lovely day, trust me, my days are usually MUCH worse than this one. I did have pain though after they poked and prodded me...poking is never fun.
Anywho, maybe this will give you costo sufferers some faith...there is at least 2 doctors out there who know what it is and who understand it!
Thank goodness for that :P

3 comments:

  1. YAAAAY!!!! Glad to hear your doctor was not a dud. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website at www.ultimatelifeclinic.com . I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!



    ReplyDelete