Sunday, October 4, 2009

The Norm: My Story

So, I'm completely new at this blogging mojo but it seems like every blog starts off the same way- a story about why the blog's there in the first place. So to go with the norm I will explain my reasons for doing this.
Tietze's Syndrome. Chances are most of you already know what it is, since you had to stumble upon this blog somehow, but I shall explain anyway. By definition, Tietze's Syndrome is the inflammation of the costal cartilages, or the cartilage in between the rib cages and where the rib cage meets with the sternum. That is not my definition though. Truth be told I am just a kid, and to a teenager Tietze's is much more than "inflammation of the costal cartilages."
Tietze's means having to stop dancing because of the pain when moving the upper body.
Tietze's means having to stay home when friends are going out because getting out of bed is difficult.
Tietze's means not being able to do the school musical because singing is difficult when it hurts to take in a breath.
Tietze's means taking excessive pain killers to make it through the school day.
Tietze's means coming home from school and sleeping for four hours because sleep could not come the night before.
Tietze's means being late to classes because the backpack was too painful to carry and multiple trips to the locker had to be taken.
Tietze's means putting the things I love to do on hold because I can't do them.
Tietze's means so much more than "inflammation of the costal cartilages."
People need to understand that.
I am not looking for sympathy, I am simply stating how my life has changed since being diagnosed with Tietze's. One thing I am looking for however is contact with other Tietze's sufferers, and their methods of treatment.
Sincerely,
A kid with Tietze's
:D

4 comments:

  1. Hi there!
    I answered your question on my blog comment section so that your questions can help others as well. Nice to meet someone else with scoliosis as well as this bummer or a condition. Sad you have it. =(

    You can write!! I just about teared up reading what you were wrote. I can identify so much with how you feel. And you love singing!?!? Me too!! That's what I miss the most.

    I'm so happy that someone else is doing a blog- love it!! When you feel ready, you could post your link on the facebook pages of tietze and costo. You will get lots of readers who want to know that they /we aren't alone. And I love to read what others are doing as therapies, etc.

    Keep up the writing, I look forward to following your story. Hope you have a better day tomorrow than today.
    Hugs,
    Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey hun :-) i've been reading through your blog. this is the first and only blog i have found and i am so pleased. i am starting my own one too!!
    i suffer from tietze syndrome in a chronic way. my pain sometimes gets that bad it spreads through to my back and i am literally bed bound. it is so painful.
    lv charlotte xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. My daughter (Annabel) suffered from schizophrenia for 5 years. I had no idea what was happening and didn’t know where to turn for help. It was hard then because I really didn’t understand the symptoms earlier until she was diagnosed. There was a time she decided to get away from everyone, I was not excluded. I had to sit and cry almost every day because I felt helpless as a single mother (she is all I have got). The anguish I went through taking care of her alone is beyond explanation because there was no support whatsoever from the dad or family members. I fought for proper medical care and humane treatment; I did everything within my reach to get her cured but all to no avail. Countless different medications was prescribed (Zyprexa, fluphenazine, Risperdal, quetiapine, etc.) that she was taking but all we could get was myriad of side effects such as rigidity, drowsiness, dizziness, tremors and restlessness which tends to worsen the already damaged situation. Frustration was the order of the day. I wrote a couple of messages to the Ontario Mental Health Foundation for help because watching my daughter go through such was devastating. It was at this foundation someone shared a testimony about DR James herbal mix medicine, how effective it is and how she went through the most difficult times of her life trying to help her mom fight Schizophrenia. Being that I was already at the verge of giving up because I just couldn't imagine waking up every morning to fight the same demons that left me so tired the night before. I had to contact the Great  doctor, on his email  (GREATCUREMAN@GMAIL.COM)  from our conversations; I was relieved and convinced that the result is going to be positive because I was made to contact people with worse cases. Today, the awful situation of my daughter has gone by. Her happy life is back. She is now a schizophrenia survivor, and I am glad because my daily routine activities can now kick off without obstructions. Don't let Schizophrenia hinder you from living a desired life and also, never allow anyone to decide for you especially when they don't know what you have to go through to get to where you are. I was almost discouraged by the doctor but then, I remembered that: I have to shield my daughter’s destiny with courage, faith and perseverance because she is not in her right state of mind and that the bravery and freedom from fear is found in the ‘doing’. Her life is now a testimony. After my daughter got cured, from the herbal mix medicine Dr James prepared and sent to me, she said, Mom “I just thought, ‘Well, I’m a weirdo, I’ll never be normal, then I said, my daughter, life itself is a misery, and we get stronger in the places we have been broken. Thanks to you Dr. James  for your excellent counseling, no more psychotic symptoms for the past 3 years and 4 months now. To know more about Dr. James and the effectiveness of his Herbs and roots extracts, and he said he got cures for diseases like Bipolar, DIABETES, HPV, SHINGLES, CANCER, ALS, HEPATITIS B, KIDNEY DISEASE, HERPES, Ovarian Cancer, Pancreatic cancers, Bladder cancer, skin cancer, Prostate cancer, Glaucoma., Cataracts, Macular degeneration, Cardiovascular disease, Autism, Lung disease. Enlarged prostate, Osteoporosis. Alzheimer's disease, psoriasis, Tach Diseases, Lupus, Dementia. Kidney cancer, lung cancer. You can reach the Great Doctor on his Email at ... GREATCUREMAN@GMAIL.COM.  I believe you will testify just like me. INFO @ DrJAMESHERBALMIX@GMAIL.COM.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website at www.ultimatelifeclinic.com . I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!



    ReplyDelete